You may have noticed (and you will surely if you continue reading my blog) that I tend to enjoy alliteration. I also really really really enjoy coming up with titles (even if they’re not all that great, most of the time…), so this short post is about superb strawberries. Which may or may not be superb depending on whether you like sugary sweet, slightly tangy strawberries!
Many food lovers already know to enjoy strawberries with balsamic vinegar, but just in case some of you readers aren’t aware, I thought I’d share the tip! I first had these at one of my high school dance class potlucks. I’m positive I devoured much more than my share.
The recipes I looked at online required more sugar than I used, so feel free to add as much or as little as you please (same goes for the vinegar). You could probably substitute with honey as well. A little olive oil drizzled over vanilla ice cream might also do great things!
What to do:
- Wash and cut strawberries (halves, quarters work fine), put them in a bowl.
- Toss in sugar and balsamic vinegar, mix/swirl around.
- Let sit for a little while (30 minutes will do, but so will an hour and even overnight).
What to use:
- 10 strawberries (or really as many as you like)
- 2.5 tsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar (I imagine using a higher quality might be better, but I use whatever cheapest one they have at Trader Joe’s).
- I suggest trying to sprinkle some cracked pepper over the strawberries before serving, since that’s recommended in recipes…but I forgot to actually do it myself.